Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Landscapes

The last few days have been pretty busy but what I've been working on is a couple of new landscapes. One (above) is a scene from the eastern sierra of Mono Lake, a beautiful and mysterious place I have always loved. The other is a spot on top of Mt Pinos where I was hiking a couple of weeks ago. Pine trees against a brilliant blue sky and it was getting that blue on both these pieces that I spent days getting just right with glaze after glaze. I think the word for it is pellucid (new favorite word). Anyway, this Mono Lake one is going to be a big job as the clouds have a long way to go, not to mention everything else, plus it's larger than I'm used to. The Mt Pinos one should move right along and will be good to have to turn to when I get burned out on the larger one. It's exciting to work on both of these as they are both places special to me and I know them well. Stay tuned, and I'll try to post pictures as they progress.

No comments: