Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Iris Meadow



Today I took the dogs up the mountain to photograph some wildflowers for an upcoming project. Once again the meadow is filled with the delicate wild iris. Hiking up higher we found larkspur, lupine, wallflower, sego lily, paintbrush, red penstemon and a great many I didn't know. My field guide is heavy enough I decided to leave it behind and rely on sketches and photos as I was lugging water for the dogs and myself as well as sketching materials and camera. Now I wish I had brought it. Oh well, I'll get back up there in a week or so when the next wave blooms. I am so blessed to live here.

1 comment:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Susan, you live in a beautiful area, yes, you are very lucky!

Thank you so much for stopping by my site and for the kind and thoughtful message you left about my father's passing. I appreciate it.

You work is fantastic, looking forward to seeing more of it in the future.

Theresa miller